Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Back pain

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Back pain
Why is my upper back, like my shoulder blades in severe pain? It hurts so bad, like unbearable.
HI and thanks for using the forum.

There are a lot of possible causes for this pain, including labor.  So, you need to let your ob/gyn know about this.  He or she can evaluate you.  If they determine that you are not in labor, it could be the position of your baby, you could have a kidney infection, it could be an issue with your gallbladder, among others.  Your doctor will have to look into this further if the pain persists.  Good luck and congratulations on your pregnancy.

Bridget
Btw I'm 35 weeks pregnant, forgot to mention that in my question. I'm bout to be 36 weeks.