Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Bruise-like Rash

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Bruise-like Rash

I woke up this morning and noticed what seems to be a rash on my upper thigh/lower hip area. It is red but mostly purple in colour. In fact it looks like small clustered bruising. It's only slightly raised in places, otherwise my skin texture feels ordinary and not inflamed. I previously found a similar rash on my calf a few weeks ago but it pretty much faded away.

In terms of medication I've recently started to take antispasmodics, but the previous rash I just mentioned occurred prior to me taking any medication so I'm not sure of it's significance. I'm just concerned that yet another rash of this nature has appeared on my leg.
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

The best thing for you to do would be to see a dermatologist about it.  He or she can see the rash and they can tell you what they think caused it.  They can then also prescribe medication for you if needed.  Since you had the first rash prior to starting your antispasmodics, it does not sound like the medication is the cause.  I hope this info helps.  Good luck.

Bridget