Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Bulging disk and Degenerative Disc just lost help please ?

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

I got this pain in my back lower back going down all the way to my toes and tingle feeling now fast forward another week.I went to the er had to i was in so much pain and freaked out they said well here is an x-ray here is what is wrong bulging disk and Degenerative Disc btw you need an MRI but you need a doctor for that and 3000 bucks.So now another week and I'm still in so much pain i can't even sit here that long 10 mins max and I'm talking so many ibuprofen it's not even funny I'm on my 16th 200 mg I'm just lost i have no doctor and i don't know what to do i keep thinking it will go away but everyday its the same.What should i do will this go away you think i mean between the pain intense i must say and the tingle feeling from my knee down i just am lost? any help at all please would mean the world.
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

You need to follow up with a doctor about this.  Usually when you go through the ER, they will give you a referral for a doctor if you don't have one.  Did you see a referral with your paperwork?  IF not, you can call the Er and find out where they refer patients with back pain/problems.  When you call to make your appointment, you can explain that you do not have insurance and need to work out a payment plan with the doctors office.  Also, do you qualify for medicaid?  The medicaid process can be tedious, but worth it if you qualify.  If you cannot afford an MRI, your doctor may be able to work with you to alleviate your pain.  Hope this helps.  

Bridget