Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Burning Chest

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Burning Chest

What does it mean when you have a burning in your chest and it radiates out to your arms and into your back?  It is worse int he morning and this has been going on for about two weeks.  I have started taking an over the counter acid reducee and it seems a little better, but it won't go away.  It is also worse when I am doing physical things. I am writing this because I have no health insurance and cannot afford to go to the doctors.  I am a  64 year old female.  Just waiting for Medicare to kick in.
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

If this is the first time that you have had this chest pain, it should be evaluated by a doctor.  You could go to the ER or to your own doctor.  You just want to be sure that the pains you are feeling are not related to your heart.  Since the acid reducer is helping, continue to take it, but see your doctor ASAP.  Good luck.

Bridget