Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Can't stop it itching
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can't stop it itching

It started bout a 3 month ago it started with just the back of my legs. But now I feel like my hole body is itching I no rashes or hives. my body just itches I try so hard not to itch but I can't stop my mom just thinks it's in my head but I know it's not it feels like pin are all over my body I tried changing soaps and detergents but I still itch  I don't know what to do and  schools bout to start and I don't want to be itching like this in class.
Related Discussions
796253_tn?1344994932
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

There could be a lot of reasons for your itching including an allergy of some kind (not necessarily to a soap, it could be related to a food), or a skin problem (even though you do not have a rash).  I think you should speak with your mom again and ask if she can take you to your primary care physician.  He or she can help figure out what is causing this.   It does not sound like it is "in your head" since this has been fairly persistent.  I hope this helps.  Good luck.

Bridget
Blank
This Forum's Experts
5289563_tn?1366052034
Cathleen Zoretic, RNBlankBlank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979