Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Depo

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Depo

I had my first shot of depo 8 weeks ago 3 weeks after my son was born I am very sexually active and got my first period on the 28 of April I bled for 10 days Wich I thought was odd cause it was really heavy but now I have missed this month what does that mean could I have Fallon pregnent again
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

It is not unusual for your period to be irregular when starting the Depo shot.  IF you are worried that you could be pregnant, take a home pregnancy test and see what happens.  Since you are already late for your period, you can take a test whenever you are ready.  IF the test is negative, then you can continue with your plan to have the Mirena placed.  IF the test is positive, then you need to see your ob/gyn for an appointment.  good luck and congratulations on your new son.

Bridget
I also have started having realy bad back pains and my neck is sore I am booked in on the 27 th June for a merina cause I have had two kids and don't want anymore but they will not let me get my tubes tied
When i was on the depo shot i would get my period for 3 weeks and then i wouldn't get it for a few months, very irregular.