Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Effexor and blood pressure

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Effexor and blood pressure
Hi, I was just put on effexor and was told effexor can affect your blood pressure. Is there a certain amount you have to take before it does? What would this amount be? I'm on 150 mg
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

Effexor has been noted to cause an increase in blood pressure in some patients.  If you have a problem with elevated blood pressure, your doctor and you should work to get it under control prior to starting effexor.  If you have no history of elevated blood pressure, then your blood pressure should simply be monitored by your doctor.  Good luck.

Bridget