Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Extra bone?

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Extra bone?

A few years ago I had an x ray on my wrist(after a fracture) and it showed I had a small piece of bone that had branched of my radius(it might have been ulna, I can’t quite remember) and was growing at a right angle. They offered an operation but since I was 15 and unlikely to grow any more we decided not to bother as it was unlikely to cause any issues and I didn’t want the scar, does anyone know what this is called? The doctor told me but it’s been so long I’ve forgotten..
Thanks x