Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Frequent wrist pain after break 10 years ago.

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Ok, this is hard to describe but ill start 10 years ago. I broke a couple of bones in my right wrist after falling from my horse. The doctors said it had healed well but i may experience problems later on.

Well now i get pain at least 1 week a month with a sort of pulled muscle pain. It doesnt hurt when i press it but in certain positions, like when im driving, or when i push my hand up or down theres pain. ive been to the hospital, had an xray, but they just gave me painkillers.

They always ask how iv done it, but i never know. It usually starts after i have woken up. I do still horse ride but i wear a support.

There must be something wrong with it, as it keeps happening.
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

You need to see an orthopedist to check the wrist and see if there is anything going on.  IF nothing shows up, then I would suggest trying physical therapy to see if they can help you strengthen the wrist and help eliminate the pain.  Good luck.

Bridget
I thought id better add that i never have any swelling or pins and needles in my fingers. Sometimes when its really bad i get pain near my elbow too.

thanks!