Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Hernia

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Hernia
I had an umbilical hernia operation done 5 months ago.lately i xperience alot of pain in my stomach and hotflashes and my stool is yellow.the bulge is back if i cough or standing.IS it possible the hernia tear again?
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

Yes it is possible, so you should get checked out by your doctor ASAP. There are other possibilites as well including a gallbladder issue and appendicitis.  See your doctor for an evaluation.  Good luck.

Bridget