Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Hip Pain

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Hip Pain
Ok I have a 15 year old girl who is very athletic. During Soccer season and Basketball season she started to experiance Hip pain only when she run's. This pain went away but now she is in Track and this pain is back. Kinda hard to expalin but when you just touch the front part of her hip with  your finger she say's it's very painful, this is only when she get's done running though. She has had X-Ray's and so far nothing is showing up. DO you know what could be causing this, I'm working on getting approval for an M.R.I next.
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

I don't know exactly what the problem is, but there are tendons in the hip area that can become inflamed especially with runners.  An MRI is the way to go to find out what is going on.  In the meantime. if your daughter can take ibuprofen, it works great as both a pain reliever and as a anti- inflammatory.  Also, heat therapy can help (heating pad or hot water bottle).  Good luck,

Bridget