Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Hypertension

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Hypertension
I'm 4 weeks pregnant and I take blood pressure medicine, should I still take them or not?
Thanks for using the forum.

I would strongly recommend speaking with your OBGYN and the doctor who prescribes your blood pressure medication as soon as possible. You need to find out if the medication you are currently taking is safe during pregnancy, and if not what medication changes they would recommend.
There are blood pressure medications that are safe to take during pregnancy, your doctor will be able to direct you to the correct medication at the correct dose for you.

I hope this helps. Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Cathy