Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
I keep coughing!

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

I keep coughing!
I am 16 and a half years old and i am now a junior in high school. In the past week or so i have been coughing a lot. Its been getting worse and worse everyday and my throat is actually starting to hurt now. I dont really know what is wrong with me. If you guys have any questions for me that would help you determine what is wrong feel free to ask.
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

Is the cough your only symptom?  Any fever, runny/stuffy nose, headaches, chest pains?  If the cough is your only symptom, then this could be an allergy related cough, asthma, or even something like bronchitis.  A cough lasting more than a few days should be evaluated.  I suggest that you talk to your parent or guardian and let them know that you need to see a doctor who can then listen to your lungs and check your throat to see what is going on.  Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

Bridget

Are you having trouble breathing?  Because if you are, then you may have whooping cough.
i am 17 years old. For the past 3-4 days i've been coughing and having a mild fever in the evenings, 100.3 measured orally. Then i sweat a little at night and in the morning i wake up without fever but my coughing is still there. What might be my problem?