Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Iced my hip too long, is it harmful?

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Iced my hip too long, is it harmful?

Hello it is 12:46am est time and I iced my hip at around 8:30 and woke up at around 12:30 and noticed I forgot to take the zip block of Ice i had on my left hip I had a sheet of paper towel under the ice and just my boxer briefs  . Before I iced it I had a lil soorness after  football practice now it feels a lil different/ werid then the other one, also when I took the ice bag off I went to ask my mom to see if icing to long was bad she said it wasn't but she was half alseep and also I walked to use the restroom. Is my hip ok, did make it worse or am I over reacting.
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

It should be OK.  See how the skin looks in the morning.  IF it is intact and there is no sign of irritation, then I would not worry.  Hope you feel better soon.

Bridget