Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Iced my hip too long, is it harmful?
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Iced my hip too long, is it harmful?

Hello it is 12:46am est time and I iced my hip at around 8:30 and woke up at around 12:30 and noticed I forgot to take the zip block of Ice i had on my left hip I had a sheet of paper towel under the ice and just my boxer briefs  . Before I iced it I had a lil soorness after  football practice now it feels a lil different/ werid then the other one, also when I took the ice bag off I went to ask my mom to see if icing to long was bad she said it wasn't but she was half alseep and also I walked to use the restroom. Is my hip ok, did make it worse or am I over reacting.
796253_tn?1344994932
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

It should be OK.  See how the skin looks in the morning.  IF it is intact and there is no sign of irritation, then I would not worry.  Hope you feel better soon.

Bridget
Blank
This Forum's Experts
5289563_tn?1366052034
Cathleen Zoretic, RNBlankBlank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703