Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
I'm 14 y/o and has had all signs, but still haven't started m...
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

I'm 14 y/o and has had all signs, but still haven't started my period. Help?

I'm 14 y/o and I haven't started my period yet. I've had all of the signs since early 5th grade and I am now in 8th grade. All of my friends have started and I feel really left out.. In my health class my teacher told us that if we start seeing signs, that means we could start in a couple months, but it's been a couple years.. I'm kind of worried and confused. All of my friends tell me that I'll start soon, but it still hasn't happened yet. Help?
5289563_tn?1366052034
Thanks for using the forum.

Everyone develops differently and at their own pace. While some girls develop early, it is not uncommon for a girl to start her period when she is 14 or 15. A girl can start her period anywhere from the age of 8-16. Usually it occurs within a few months of the development of breasts, and pubic or armpit hair.  If  you are concerned you could ask your doctor. They will not be able to tell you when to expect your period, but they may be able to give you some reassurance.

I hope this helps.

Cathy
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...