Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Just bruised, sprained or fractered?
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Just bruised, sprained or fractered?

Yesterday my little brother hit my right where my pinky finger connects to the hand.. it hurts alot and i cannot tell if it is only bruised , sprained or fractered... there is a bruise in the same spot on the back and front of my hand... he hit me with a metal pole.. it really hurts now
Related Discussions
796253_tn?1344994932
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

There really is not any way to know if your finger is fractured without having an x-ray done.  In the meantime, you should avoid using that finger, put ice on it (try and use ice for 20 minutes each hour while you are awake), and keep your hand elevated to help keep the swelling down.  If you are having a lot of pain, you can take ibuprofen- ask your parent or guardian before taking any medication- this is an anti-inflammatory and will help with the pain and reduce the swelling.  If you have not yet shown your parents/guardians the injury, be sure to show them so that they can look at it.  Good Luck

Bridget  
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank