LEEP and pregnancy
I had leep surgery right after my eighteenth birthday I am about to be 25 we have tried for a few years to get pregnant with no luck could the leep surgery have something to do with this? If so can I get pregnant? Is there anything I need to do?
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

LEEP is an acronym for "loop electrosurgical excision procedure".  It is used to treat cervical dysplasia.  During a LEEP, abnormal cervical tissue is removed using a wire electrode.  Since you are having some difficulty becoming pregnant, you should discuss with your ob/gyn your concerns about your fertility.  Your ob/gyn can look at your history and discuss options with you if needed.  Just because you had a LEEP does not mean that you will have fertility issues, so discuss this with your doctor.  Good luck.

Bridget
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.