Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Light headed, Head pressure

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Light headed, Head pressure

Hello.
Recently, about 6 months ago I went to the hospital for having what they considered to be a panic attack because my heart was normal and I suppose to couldn't find anything and well this was the first time I have a panic attack. Since then I had been experiencing this throat tightness for several months that was on and off so I though it might be related to by thyroid. I had a blood test done and mostly everything came back normal except for my thyroid which was only .20 about the normal level so I was told to get re-tested in 3 months.
Now I'm experiencing new symptoms of light headedness and head pressure on a daily basis that is on and off throughout the day. Even when I go to the gym, I can't work out with the intensity that I used to be cause it gets in the way and then I feel as though I'm going to faint. Any suggestions?
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

You should definitely get your thyroid rechecked when the 3 months is up, just to be sure that the symptoms you are feeling are not the start of thyroid issues.  Another thing is to check and make sure that you are not anemic.    This can be checked with a simple blood test.  The last thing that came to mind was a sinus issue- some people have chronic sinus congestion and you may be experiencing symptoms from that.  The best thing to do for that is to see an ENT if possible.  I hope this gives you a good starting point- keep me posted.  Good luck.

Bridget
Also, taking pain relievers like advil doesn't help at all. So I don't know what it possibly could be. It's not pain ,but its a hard pressure that is sometimes worse then other times.
Well I finally realized that it might very well be a sinus infection so I went to CVS and got some medication which gave me some temporary relief. So I assume that's it. I did however look up the symptoms for a sinus infection and it stated that I should have muscus or post-nasal drop which I don't. My only real symptoms is a pressure on my face and forehead area associated with light headedness and sometimes throat tightness. I'm a student so I use the student insurance that I have but I'd much rather not go to a doctor if I don't have to but if it persists, which it has...I guess I will before it gets worse.