Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
My vag is swollen and dischagering lots

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

My vag is swollen and dischagering lots

Hi there my name is Heidi and I am very confussed and worried I went into the hospital for abdominal pain I had a culture done for sexually transmitted infections and still hasnt gotten the test results back yet and its been 4 days now, the doctor said it could be clamidia or gonorrhea so I looked up the symptoms for both of them I do have alot of vaginal discharge but none of the others exept for the abdominal pain but in my family we have ovarian cysts.
The doctor did give me ten day treatment for sexually transmitted infections I do take them incase that is what it is but I still do not get it if I had it my boyfriend would also have it but he does not. So I thought nothing of it and had sex with my boyfriend after my vag was a little swollen i thought nothing of it because it has happen before from not having sex for a while but usually goes down with in the next moring, stupidly me and my boyfriend "uhum" had sex once again and now it is QUITE swollen very red and tender but does not hurt to pee. So my mom got me canesten.
Hi and thanks for using the forum.  I think you should avoid having sexual intercourse until this clears up- meaning when the swelling and discharge go away and you have completed the antibiotics prescribed for you.  The friction caused by intercourse is probably further irritating your already sore and swollen vaginal area.  By that time, you should have the results back from the tests they did and you will know if it is an STD or not (have you called the hospital for the results?)  Also, just because your boyfriend does not have symptoms of an STD does not mean that he doesn't have one or that he can't pass it to you. And if he doesn't have an STD and you do, you can pass it to him.  If you get your test results back and you don't have an STD, then you should probably see your doctor to rule out any other type of infection such as a yeast infection.  

Since you are sexually active, if you are not looking to have a baby, be sure to be using some form of birth control.  Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!

Bridget