Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Nail bed treatment
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Nail bed treatment

Hi, First time so hopefully I posted in the correct place :)
Last night while trying to impress my new girlfriend with a meal I sliced my fingertip and took off part of my nail, the slice was pretty much parallel to the the nail and I completely removed the majority of my nail down to nail bed. I've had some pretty horrible work injuries and usually wave it off but nothing compares to the uncomfortableness and stinging pain of this, even a slight breeze on it is excruciating. I'm aware I'll lose the leftover nail but I have to work this week using my hands all day and don't know how to dress it or wash it correctly to avoid infection and keep it reasonably comfortable?
Any advice would be great.
Thanks guys :)