Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Non stop period!

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Non stop period!
I am 20yr old and i have an IUD implanted. I have had my period for about 5 weeks non stop it is not heavy but a regular flow... Why has it not stopped??? I need help i do not have time fo go to doctors office, for i am a mother of 4 kiddos to take care of!!
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

Is the IUD newly implanted?  Has the bleeing only occurred since the IUD was placed?  Or is the IUD in place for some time and now you suddenly have persistent bleeding?  It is important that you let your ob/gyn know about this so that he or she can evaluate whether you need to be seen or not.  It is not uncommon to have some breakthrough bleeding after an IUD is placed, but generally it tapers off.  Let your doctor know about this and he or she can advise you.  

Good luck.

Bridget
No i have had the iud for quite awhile before i had this iud i had another for more than 3 yrs and never had problems! What happned was i started my period normally, and it stopped for like a day after 4 days of period and started again and since then it has not gone away
I have had normal periods since the iud was placed in
IUD's can slip out of place- I think you need to see your ob/gyn to find out what is going on.  It seems like something must be going on since you  have had the IUD and this has not happened to  you before.
well i went to obgyn and he said i was not ovulating therefore a continuos period without hormones!