Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Nova sure problems

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Nova sure problems
I had nova sure done about 7 weeks ago to curb my heavy bleeding and horrible cramping.   I bled about 3 weeks following the procedure. Now I have a medium flow of brown and black gooey discharge and horrible to debilitating cramping.  Is this normal?  
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

I don't have that much experience with the novasure procedure but I did some research to see if I could help answer your question.

Most of the literature I read said that cramping and bleeding immediately after the procedure was normal.  Since you are 7 weeks post procedure and having severe cramping then I would say that is not normal.  I think you should contact your GYN and let them know what is going on.  They can  tell you if this is something that needs to be evaluated or if this is considered normal.  Good Luck.

Bridget