Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Odd Period
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Odd Period

So July of 2011 was the time I got a regular period. From August to January 2012 I didn't have a period at all. Towards the end of January I got my period and had it straight for about 5 months, every single day. Then it went away for months. This past December I got it for a week, and I thought I got a regular period back. Then a week later I got it for a week again. Since then I've had nothing until yesterday. I could days ago, I started getting this really bad pain in my stomach, kind of like a poop pain. Now that I have a period, it's ridiculously heavy. I put in a tampon at around 8, and by 10 had to change it because it was overflowing. I literally sat at the toilet and could push out blood. I've bled more today, (the 9th, now about 11:30) then I normall would in a week.

Please help. I can't get a doctor's appointment for over 2 weeks and I can't afford an Urgent Care bill.
796253_tn?1344994932
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

Unfortunately, there is not much that you can do except see a doctor.  An ob/gyn needs to evaluate you. Call your doctor again and explain that you are having a lot of bleeding and that you are concerned.  IF they still can't get you an appointment, you can always go to the emergency room and the doctor there can evaluate you.  good luck.

Bridget
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank