Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Pain close to where the lungs are

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Pain close to where the lungs are

So I have been having pain by where my lungs are. I do not smoke, I'm a teenager and it hurts really bad and bothers me a lot. Could this be something serious? What can it be and should I go to check with the doctor?
Tags: lung pain
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

If the pain persists for more than a day or two, then you should get checked out by your doctor.  It really could be any number of things including a pulled muscle or even a lung infection.  Also, since you are still at the age where you are growing, it could simply be from that.  Give it a day or two and if the pain still persists, see your doctor.   Good luck.

Bridget