Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Pain in upper right side and under right rib cage

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

I have been dealing with pain in my right side and under my rib cage into my back. My doctor had a X-Ray, Ultrasound done and then referred me to a surgeon in order to have my gall bladder taken out due to ultrasound showing that I have gall stones and slug in my gallbladder. The surgeon didn't believe the ultasound and wanted a CT done which came back normal so my doctor scheduled a Hida and it showed that my gall bladder is fine. I am not sleeping very well and have not been eating much cause of the pain. Will someone please help me cause the pain is getting worst?
HI and thanks for using the forum.

Have you seen a gastroenterologist?  If you have not, then I think you should seek a second opinion with one.  IF it is not your gallbladder, then something else is causing your pain and needs to be determined.  Abdominal pain can be very vague and can be caused by any number of things- so I cannot venture a guess as to what may be causing this, but if your current doctor is not helpful, then you need to see someone else.  Good luck.

Bridget