Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Painful Lumps in Ankles

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Painful Lumps in Ankles

My ankle has been hurting all week long. I noticed that there was a lump on the inside of my ankle, right next to the bone and I assumed that I had hit it on something. Yesterday my other ankle started hurting and I noticed a large lump on the upper part of my achilles. This morning there is another small bump on the front part of my ankle, almost on my lower leg. Its not from my shoes and I'm wondering if this is something I should be worried about. What could it be? The only new medicine or lifestyle change is that I'm trying to quit smoking and using the patch. Thank you!!!
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

Since you have had a few of these lumps show up, I think you should see your regular family doctor.  I don't know what is causing them, but something is causing them and this would warrant a trip to the doctor.  Good luck.

Bridget