Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Period Gone Wonky
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Period Gone Wonky

Hi (:

Just looking for some answers if ye can help. My period has gone a little bit wonky this last few months.
Since november last year these when it came:
- 6th November
-  No period in December.
- 6th January
- Then returned on the 30th January really heavy and came in like clots of blood.
- None in February.
- March still no period so far.

... I don't know is this particularly normal?? I took a preg test in December as it never came and came out negative. i was also getting quite dizzy sometimes in work in January. I don't know what's up.
I haven't been stressed or changed anything.

any comments or suggestions please let me know

Thanks

Related Discussions
796253_tn?1344994932
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

You should see your ob/gyn about this.  Some women have irregular periods.  If you are not trying to conceive, then you could discuss trying birth control pills which are fairly successful in regulating periods.

If you are trying to conceive, your irregular periods are a sign that you may not be ovulating regularly.  IF you are not ovulating regularly (once a month), then it can be more difficult to become pregnant.  There are medications that can help stimulate ovulation if you are trying to conceive.

Either way, you have definitely had a few months of irregular periods that do not sound typical for you.  You should see your ob/gyn for an exam and he or she can check into some things for you (including thyroid disfunction).  I hope this helps.  Good luck.

Bridget
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank