Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Period

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Period

Ok I was spotting two days before my period was due. my period was due on the 20th of this month. I havent been stressed out or anything like that. I have been moody, im still bloated, sore breasts, tired even when I wake up, hungry all the time, and I have headaches. I still havent came on yet. Could I be pregnant?
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

If you are sexually active, then yes you could be pregnant.  Since you have already missed your period, then you can go ahead and take a test whenever you are ready.  If the test is negative, then you can wait and see what happens with your period.  You can test again in a week or so if you still don't get your period.  

It is not uncommon to have an "off" period every once in a while.  So, if your test is negative, don't be too concerned.  You can wait and see what happens next month.  If you miss your period again, then you should see your ob/gyn and make sure everything is OK. I hope this helps, good luck.

Bridget