Please help me understand these results, I am freaking out
I am currently being seen at Mayo Clininc in Jacksonville Florida, this is my 3rd week here (this was expected to be a 5 day visiy), I came from MIssouri to find out what was wrong with me.  And Mayo has been great.

I Had a lumbar puncture the day before Thanksgiving and the results are online but they mean nothing to me.
So I googled various results and found I should not have red blood cells in my spinal fluid by the 3rd vial and I did:

Cerebral Spinal Fluid Analysis (11/24/2010 8:13 AM EST)
Name Result Normal Range
CSF Tube# 3.0  
CSF WBC Count <1 /uL 0 - 5  
CSF RBC 70.0 /uL

I am a little worried,  my next appointment is not until Monday, my doctors are off due to the Thanksgiving holiday.

If it will help here are some addition results:

Body Fluid Analysis (11/24/2010 8:13 AM EST)
Name Result Normal Range
BF Color COLRLESS  
BF Appear CLEAR  
# WBC Counted/Diff 100.0  
BF Segs 9.0 %  
BF Lymph 81.0 %  
BF Monos 10.0 %

I know the clear and colorless is a good thing.  But what about the RBC?  The lady who did the tap said there were no problems and there was no blood or any discoloration in  the bandhen I removed it 15 minutes after the procedure was completed.

Please help me understand the results I am starting to freaking out a bit.

Thanks so much
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

Unfortunately, I am not qualified to interpret these results.  I can tell you that you are right in that clear and colorless are a VERY good thing.  The Mayo clinic is a wonderful place, so you are in excellent hands, I am sorry that I cannot be of more help.  Good luck.

Bridget