Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Rash? Something Else?

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Rash? Something Else?

I'm 19 years old, Until last year I began getting some sort of severe rash all over my body (After I got medication for my piercings for my ears, I haven't taken those medications after) , I know I'm not allergic to any foods because I took an allergy test But It gets so severe that I can't help but itch, If I do not itch, It hurts to the point that it feels like hot charcoals burning and needles all over. I went to the hospital a lot of times, almost four times a month because of this. They give me medication that doesn't help, and brush it off as a rash or an allergic reaction once again. The cold sometimes trigger it, also exercising and sometimes the heat. Its so severe that sometimes I feel like tearing my skin off and after it finally stops (Usually takes three hours to go away) My body becomes puffy, I also recently got it on the side of my face and head. I can't stand it anymore...Could it be a disease or from the skin? I need help, thank you!
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

You really need to see a dermatologist about this.  A rash does not signify MS and shingles usually occurs on one side of the body, not both.  You could have eczema, but the only way to know for sure is to see a dermatologist.  He or she can look at the rash and give you a better idea of what is causing it.  Good luck.

Bridget
i read some other forums, My rash/hives turn red and found out it Might be Shingles, MS, I don't know?