Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Rods in the back

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Rods in the back

does anyone have a good report by having this done. My Dr. wants to do this to me. All I hear is bad things happends if u get this done.
Tags: rods
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

Since I don't know you or your history at all, it is difficult for me to comment on your question. I will say that if you have any doubts or concerns, you should definitely discuss them with your doctor so that you can make an informed decision.  Also, you could always get a second opinion from a different doctor so that you can be sure that both agree on this course of action.  Good luck.

Bridget
Hi sweetie, my cousins wife had it done she is in constant pain.she had the surgery over 6 yrs. I would say no
Hi, if I were you I would get a second opinion
I have a friend who had to have this operation.  She went to two different doctors.  The second one had a more innovative way to do it so she went with him.  He was going to do the operation in 3 parts.  Saying that, once he got in there, he changed the procedure so you just never know.
She is very happy she had it done.  She had had this surgery about 30 years before and it was failing.
Everyone's body is different so it is difficult for anyone to say how it will turn out for you.
I would definitely get another opinion, maybe even two.  Surgery is very serious.
Good luck to you