Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Seroquel and Percocet

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Seroquel and Percocet
I take 400 mg XR of Seroquel every night before I go to bed. My question is, is it safe to take Percocets as while on this medication? I'd greatly appreciate an answer as soon as possible, I need to take my Seroquel to stay mentally stable but I already took the Percocet and am leery of taking my other medication now.

Sincerely yours,
Anonymous
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

You need to ask the doctor who prescribed your percocet about this.  I don't know of any contraindications for taking percocet while you are on Seroquel, but since Seroquel can cause drowsiness and so can percocet it is best to check with the prescribing physician.  Do not suddenly stop taking your seroquel as this can be unsafe.  Good luck.

Bridget