Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Skin care

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Skin care

Besides baking soda,oatmeal,and aloe vera..what is the best thing to use for prickly heat and allergic reactions to perfume? My skin is very very sensitive GOT ANY IDEAS? THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH? :)
Thanks for using the forum.

Prickly heat rash is caused by clogged sweat glands. For relief you could try taking a cool bath with cornstarch, oatmeal, or baking soda added to the water. After soaking, clean the skin with a mild, unscented soap to remove sweat, and bacteria. Rinse completely, and pat dry with a clean towel. You could then try applying a hydrocortisone cream to the affected areas. Try to wear loose fitting, natural fiber clothing (cotton).

I hope this helps.

Cathy