Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Sore tonsils for 3 weeks

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Sore tonsils for 3 weeks
Hi, I've had a minor cold for 3 weeks now. It first started with laryngitis. Now I have tonsillitis. I had white spots in the back of my throat and my doctor sent me off with bacteria killing antibiotics. Now I have pain on my right tonsils and right ear. I Also have bad mucus. Do you possibly know what it is? I visited my doctor 3 times and everything she gave me didn't work. But the white spots are gone.
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

IF you have finished your antibiotic and you still have the tonsil pain, then you need to see your doctor again.  You can develop an abscess on your tonsils that could be resistant to the antibiotic.  Your doctor can evaluate you and decide if he or she needs to look into this further.  Good luck.

Bridget