Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Still in pain

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Still in pain
I had a baby 7 months ago and I am still having shooting stabs of pain in my uterus and ovaries. Is this normal?
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

Have you seen your ob/gyn again?  This sounds like something is going on and I am not really sure if it is related to you having a baby 7 months ago.  I think that you should see your ob for a follow up/check up and make sure that all is OK.  Good luck and congratulations on your little one.

Bridget
I had the same feeling months after my sob was born via c-section, i thought they were phantom pains since it was traumatizing experience but i went in to be safe and it was a uterine infection. Get it checked.