Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Strange Growth/Pimple/Boil?

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Strange Growth/Pimple/Boil?

I have had a bump on my back for over a year. (I am not prone to any sort of pimples or break outs my skin is generally extremely clear) It is red, raised (feels like a water blister almost) and is about as large as a penny. I am not sure if it is a boil or something else. I have been tempted and popped it over the course of a year now. It pours dark red blood and sometimes clear and/or white liquid comes out of it along with blood. It is usually not painful, but sometimes is very painful to even touch. I had popped it once and about a week later was in the shower and the water hit it and it began pouring blood everywhere. I'm beginning to think it's not a pimple. Can you  help?