Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Thumb nail

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Thumb nail
I slammed my thumb nail 3 months ago and it is barely hanging on what can I do to take it off before it get's caught on something and tears off?
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

IF it is barely hanging on, you could use a nailclipper to clip the part of the nail that is hanging off.  Don't clip the skin or the part of the nail that is still attatched as it will make your finger very sore.  IF you don't want to clip it, you could put a bandaid on it and wait for the nail to fall off on its own.  Good luck.

Bridget