Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Umbilical Infection? Hernia? Cyst? Swollen lymph node?

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

I am an 18-year-old female. I just am starting to get rid of a bacteria infection that I have in my vagina(not yeast, bacteria, but it's not gone yet..Idk if that has anything to do with this..)

I woke up this morning with severe pain in my bellybutton area. There was a small lump there around 10ish and then it progressively got worse and more painful. You can not see the bump from the outside, it is on the inside area. So if I push on the top of my belly button I can feel the lump or if I put my finger inside my belly button (as far as I can which isn't far because I have a small innie)and I push up towards my head I feel a lump.

Around 3ish it had grown to the size of a marble and is still progressively getting worse-however not exponentially and the bump isn't INSIDE my belly button, it seems it is behind it or something.

My belly button is extremely irritated and sore. I took a tiny tiny pair of tweezes are cleaned them with iodine and put it inside to see if there was anything I can pull out like a dog hair or something odd like that but no, instead a whiteish foul smelling ooze started coming out. I put iodine in my belly button and let it sit there for a while which burned really bad.

I don't know what to do. I would go to the hospital but I have had really bad experiences there and such PLUS I don't have insurance. I have a doctors appointment for Friday, as fast as they could squeeze me in. I am just hoping it isn't something extremely serious that I can't wait for.
I read online about a lot of people have an umbilical infection, which I think I may have.

It is extreme pain though and not a lot of people said it was extreme. It is hard for me to walk unless I hold my stomache. On a scale of 1-10 of pain, not constantly, but if I touch it I'd say 8-9 and just sitting I'd sat a 7-8. I am not overweight either like a lot of the people who said they had this problem.
Hi and thanks for using the forum.  

Hopefully you went to the doctor today and were evaluated.  It certainly sounds like you have some kind of infection and probably need some antibiotics.  If you did not see your doctor yet, then you should see one as soon as possible.  Good Luck.

Bridget