Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Upper Right side of Abdomen is slightly larger
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Upper Right side of Abdomen is slightly larger

I just noticed that the upper right side (my right) of my abdomen is slightly larger than my left side. It's noticeable right where my rib cage ends all the way down to half way down my belly button. It doesn't hurt or feel weird/uncomfortable. I just noticed it.
Related Discussions
796253_tn?1344994932
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

Since you did not have any injury to the area, you do  not have pain or tenderness in the area and you just noticed this, i think that this may be what is just normal for you.  Our right and left sides of our bodies are not perfecly symmetrical.  There are differences.  This does not sound like something you should be too worried about.  If however, you start to notice pain or discomfort in the area, then you should get it checked out just to be sure.  I hope this helps.  Good luck.

Bridget
4 Comments
Blank
Thank you so much, i actually did notice that i felt some pain and general discomfort there today, so i'm going to the doctor tomorrow.
Blank
796253_tn?1344994932
It is worth getting it checked out just to be sure.  It could simply be an inflamed muscle or it could be a hernia.  Definitely a good idea to get it checked out by your doctor if it is bothering you.  Good luck.  

Bridget
Blank
Thank you again for responding, i went to get it checked out, and the bump/lump/whatever is visible and you can feel it... i even told the doctor (not my usual doctor) about the pain i was experiencing, and he chalked it up to me being overweight. I even have a temperature of 100 degrees, but he said that that doesn't count as a fever anymore or something. I'm so sorry to bother you, but there's something there, i feel it, i see it, and since this morning i've felt pain. Do you think i should wait to see what happens, or go to another doctor. I also described it as a lump... could that have anything to do with the way he described it?
Blank
This Forum's Experts
5289563_tn?1366052034
Cathleen Zoretic, RNBlankBlank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank