Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Upper Right side of Abdomen is slightly larger

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

I just noticed that the upper right side (my right) of my abdomen is slightly larger than my left side. It's noticeable right where my rib cage ends all the way down to half way down my belly button. It doesn't hurt or feel weird/uncomfortable. I just noticed it.
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

Since you did not have any injury to the area, you do  not have pain or tenderness in the area and you just noticed this, i think that this may be what is just normal for you.  Our right and left sides of our bodies are not perfecly symmetrical.  There are differences.  This does not sound like something you should be too worried about.  If however, you start to notice pain or discomfort in the area, then you should get it checked out just to be sure.  I hope this helps.  Good luck.

Bridget
Thank you so much, i actually did notice that i felt some pain and general discomfort there today, so i'm going to the doctor tomorrow.
It is worth getting it checked out just to be sure.  It could simply be an inflamed muscle or it could be a hernia.  Definitely a good idea to get it checked out by your doctor if it is bothering you.  Good luck.  

Bridget
Thank you again for responding, i went to get it checked out, and the bump/lump/whatever is visible and you can feel it... i even told the doctor (not my usual doctor) about the pain i was experiencing, and he chalked it up to me being overweight. I even have a temperature of 100 degrees, but he said that that doesn't count as a fever anymore or something. I'm so sorry to bother you, but there's something there, i feel it, i see it, and since this morning i've felt pain. Do you think i should wait to see what happens, or go to another doctor. I also described it as a lump... could that have anything to do with the way he described it?