Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Upper abdominal pain before PMS
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Upper abdominal pain before PMS

I am having really bad upper abdominal pain. The pain is mainly in the middle and sometimes travel through right and left side of my stomach. I have been having this pain since monday and my period started on wednesday. I am having heavy periods on time and this is my 2nd cycle after stopping depo. I never experienced upper abdominal pain during PMS. I am healthy and eat healthy foods too
Related Discussions
796253_tn?1344994932
HI and thanks for using the forum.

Generally speaking, abdominal pain lasting more than a few hours should be evaluated by a doctor.  Usually, cramping or pain related to your period, is located in your lower abdomen.  It is not uncommon to have heavy periods after stopping depo, nor is it uncommon to have painful periods after stopping depo.  You will probably need to see your doctor to find out if these pains are related to your period or not.  I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your doctor to make sure that there is nothing else going on (such as GERD).  IF the pain becomes much worse, or if you develop nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea then see your doctor sooner.  Good luck.

Bridget
Blank
This Forum's Experts
5289563_tn?1366052034
Cathleen Zoretic, RNBlankBlank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979