Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Weakness/heart rhythm

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Weakness/heart rhythm
I am a healthy 21 year old male who is very active. Over the last 6 weeks that i have been very weak(shaky legs/arms) and have decreased exercise tolerance and my heart rate shoots through the roof just from climbing a flight of stairs and It feels as if I have run a mile. I have also had frequent bowel movements that are not fully formed over this time period. I have had an echo ekg and stress test done all came back fine.  Through out the day my resting heart rate can fluctuate between high 50s and low 90s.  I have also had some chest pain but that could be due to GERD.
HI and thanks for using the forum.

When you had your echo, ekg and stress test done, did you have a full physical? Your symptoms can be caused by a number of things besides your heart such as thyroid issues or even a virus that has you worn down.  Another possibility would be walking pneumonia or another type of infection.  I think you need to let your doctor know that you continue to have these symptoms he/she can help you get to the bottom of this.  Good luck.

Bridget
also it seems to be getting progressively worse