Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
What is wrong with my face?

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

What is wrong with my face?

For a few months now, I've had a dry, red rash on my face. It covers most of my cheeks and my forehead while leaving clear circles around my eyes and clear skin around my mouth also. About a year and a half ago I had bad acne and I was put on (and still am on) oxytetracycline. I have no problem with acne now and for around a year (from when I began taking the oxtetracycline) the skin on my face was perfect. I have been to the doctor and nurse several times regarding this redness and have been given anti-inflamatory creams and anti-fungal cream, none of which have helped. It goes through stages, sometimes it may feel like completely normal skin and sometimes it feels dry and itchy. But either way, the redness remains constant. I eat very healthely and and wash my face with just water (even pure water seems to make it more inflammed) so I don't think its down to diet or an allergic reaction. It seems to flare up even more when I'm in a warm room (not hot, just warm). My face begins to feel extremely hot and uncomfortable (while the skin around my eyes and mouth remain normal). It has now got to the point where this is ruining my life and I really need to get this sorted. If you have any idea what this could be then please help. Thank you (:
1 Comment
There are some physical ailments that produce this red mask. Your doctor may have already eliminated these possibilities, but offhand I can think of lupus and an adrenal condition.