Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
Yellow liquid draining from Left nostril

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Hello, I've been in India for almost a month now, haven't been sick and haven't had diarrhea. But today when I bent over to take off my shoes, my left nostril started to drip. At first I thought it was a nose bleed, had them frequently as a child, but haven't had any regular ones in years. The liquid was a yellow color, the easiest thing to compare it to is stomach bile. I haven't had any brain injuries since my last concussion 5 years ago while playing Football. I don't feel fatigued, sick, or out of the ordinary.

Thank you for your time.
M.
Tags: yellow liquid, left nostril, dripping yellow, nose
Thanks for using the forum.

Because you mention your history of concussion I assume that you know one possible cause of your nasal drainage is CSF (spinal fluid). It is impossible for me to know from an online descriptions if this is the cause. I recommend that you get it checked by a doctor as soon as possible.

Cathy