Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
abnormal pain in chest and back

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

abnormal pain in chest and back

im a 19 year old girl.....I keep getting really hot and sweating then moments later, I am shaking from head to toe freezing. I woke up and i threw up, and then i felt somewhat better. Now i have this pain in what feels like my lower back/chest. Its like the feeling that you swallow something but it doesnt go down the whole way? but it feels to be in my back. it flares up really bad then goes away for a few seconds. i have no problem with using the bathroom,  so i dont know what it would be. im in loads of pain.
Thanks for using the forum.

If you are having pain in your chest and back, you should see a doctor. In order to accurately diagnose what is going on, you need to be examined.  A doctor will be able to do a physical exam, take a detailed history, and run any appropriate tests to get you a diagnosis and the correct treatment.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Cathy