Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
acl

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

acl
so i had my acl surgery in april a couple months ago i was out hanging with friends and i went to pick up a basketball and my knee shifted a bit didnt seem normal after, it feels like it did when i first broke my acl. it sometimes gives out and i dont know what to do.HELP!
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

You need to see your orthopedist about this.  In the meantime, rest, ice and elevate that leg.  You can take Motrin (ibuprofen- if you can tolerate it) for pain- it will reduce swelling as well as relieve your discomfort.  Good luck.

Bridget