Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
animals and skin or parasites

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

animals and skin or parasites

i recently found a kitten, icouldn"t give it away and the pound was suposed to contact me back to get help with shots ans things, well i already had a mix pit/blue heeler, never had any problems with skin breakouts, my question is this,can a cat give a dog and humans a skin infection that will make a person break out with small round wounds looking like ring worm or empitigo,and the dog has large sores that are hilly,scabbed and different sizes, two of my teens have the other simptoms, i know how to treat empitigo, but not ring worm and i will get advice from a vet for my dog,,,,help!!!??
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

You need to see a doctor to look at this rash.  Stray cats can carry any number of diseases/parasites (ringworm, fleas, scabies, etc.) so I would definitely have it checked out for you and your teenagers.  (Call your vet for your dog and the kitten if you are considering keeping it)  Good luck.

Bridget
Hi i really didn"t get the answer i needed ,,,, again, my dog has NOW3-4 INCH IN DIAMETER ,ROUND SCABBED OVER RASHED AND HILLEY BUMPS, i cannot afford to take him to the vet , this didNt start tillwe found the kitten,and the kitten has small patches of hair missingthroughout his body,,, please, i need home remedies or even a group with a lic, vet that can look at my animals and offer me help,,, i love my animals and don"t want to see them suffring.  please cA N ANYONE HELP MY BABY"S  MELODY
I am sorry, but I am not a vet and really cannot answer that part of your question.  There is an ask the vet forum as well as pet communities you could try.  Also, you could try the ASPCA (see if you can find a local chapter).  They can also offer you some help as far as seeing your animals and taking care of the shots for the kitten.  Sorry I can't be of much help with your pets.  Good luck.

Bridget