Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
babies vaccinations
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

babies vaccinations

My six month old got his vaccines Friday. When the nurse administered the vaccine some of the liquid came out after she took the needle out of my baby's leg. I was wondering if that was normal. Also now he has a huge knot under the injection sight. I was also wondering if that is normal. Thanks in advance for answers :)
Related Discussions
796253_tn?1344994932
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

I always hate when my kids have to get vaccinations-  I always feel so bad for them!  What you have described is totally normal.  Some liquid always seeps out a little from the injection site right after the shot and it is very normal for your baby to have a lump at the injection site.  I find that giving Tylenol or Motrin for a few days after the vaccines makes a big difference (if I know they are going to get shots at their appointment, I sometimes give a dose of Tylenol before we go).  The lump should start to get smaller over the next day or so.  Hope this helps.

Bridget
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank