Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
biting my tobgue
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

biting my tobgue

I have diagnosed as having Parkinsons Disease for 2 + yrs. Recently I have been bitting the inside of my mouth when I talk, eat, or just for no reason. I even do it in my sleep. Which I wake up from since I bite so hard. Is there any explanantion to this?
Related Discussions
796253_tn?1344994932
HI and thanks for using the forum.

Sorry for the delay in answering your question- I was trying to do a little research so that I could answer it appropriately.  Your tongue/cheek biting could be related to your Parkinsons.  Of course, once you bite your tongue/cheek, you are more likely to bite it again since it generally swells a bit when you first bite it.  I think you need to discuss this symptom with your neurologist since it is not a one time event.  I believe they even make mouth guards that may help you at night.  Good luck.

Bridget
Blank
This Forum's Experts
5289563_tn?1366052034
Cathleen Zoretic, RNBlankBlank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703