biting my tobgue
I have diagnosed as having Parkinsons Disease for 2 + yrs. Recently I have been bitting the inside of my mouth when I talk, eat, or just for no reason. I even do it in my sleep. Which I wake up from since I bite so hard. Is there any explanantion to this?
HI and thanks for using the forum.

Sorry for the delay in answering your question- I was trying to do a little research so that I could answer it appropriately.  Your tongue/cheek biting could be related to your Parkinsons.  Of course, once you bite your tongue/cheek, you are more likely to bite it again since it generally swells a bit when you first bite it.  I think you need to discuss this symptom with your neurologist since it is not a one time event.  I believe they even make mouth guards that may help you at night.  Good luck.

Bridget