Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
bleeding after miscarriage
About This Forum:

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

bleeding after miscarriage

Took cytotec for a missed miscarriage (baby died at 8-8.5 weeks, not detected until 16 weeks.) Bled for about two weeks, then had a week of light spotting and dark brown discharge (old blood?) I went in for an exam exactly three weeks after taking cytotec, the midwife said the uterus was back to normal size and the opening (os?) was closed, so  miscarriage was over. they didn't do a urine test for hcg. the day after the exam, had heavy bleeding with several large clots that only lasted for about 30 minutes. nothing for two days after that, then stood up after waking and had a gush of blood that soaked underwear, passed something that looked flat (but not sure if it was tissue or a clot), then some light bleeding for rest of day, still going on. could my period have started so soon after a miscarriage? thanks for your help, and sorry if tmi.