Ask a Nurse Expert Forum
bumps on fingers

WELCOME TO THE ASK A NURSE FORUM: This forum is for questions and discussions pertaining to Bones, Blood, Brain, Colorectal, Diagnostic Tests, Digestive, Ears, Eyes, Glands, Heart, Infectious Diseases, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Men’s Health, Muscles, Nose, Skin, Stomach, Surgery, Vaccines, Women’s Health

bumps on fingers
For the past few months, actually since december or so, i've noticed these small bumps on my left two fingers....what are they? i tried researching different skin diseases, but so far none of them match what i have on my skin. I tried popping them with a needle and it just bled a little, but they still look like they're there. Can somebody please tell me what they are?
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

I cannot really say for sure what the bumps are, but if they are on your skin (meaning they are not bumps under the skin) then they could be something like a wart.  I don't recommend trying to pop them with anything since you could actually make whatever it is possibly spread and also you greatly increase your risk of getting some kind of infection.  You could go to your doctor or your dermatologist to have it checked out, or you could try looking up pictures of warts and see if this is what you have.  There are over the counter treatment for warts in the drugstore that are pretty effective if that is what you have.  I hope this helps.  Good luck.

Bridget
Thanks for answering my question....I have looked up what a wart looks like and the bumps that are on my finger are a lot smaller than the pictures of warts that I have seen. Is it possible that I may be developing eczema or even dermatitis? I don't always lotion everday, so I have not ruled those possibilities out.
It is possible, it is just really hard for me to say.  A contact dermatitis is a definite possibility.  IF it continues and does not resolve over the next week or so, or if it worsens, you might want to have it checked out.  Good luck.

Bridget